Planning your Walk
Advice on Planning your Walk on the Suck Valley Way
Before setting out on your walk, why not download our Walking Trail Maps and check the local weather forecast. For local tourist information, why not contact us or visit www.roscommon.ie for details of accommodation and service providers, advice on planning your trip and great special offers and competitions
For a safe and enjoyable experience, it’s best to equip yourself with the following key items:
- Weatherproof walking shoes or boots and suitable clothing
- A mobile phone and torch
- Water and snacks; although refreshments are available to purchase in each of the 9 friendly villages along the way!
Trail information to note before you set out:
- The difficulty rating for this walking trail is ‘moderate’, as it includes some climbs, uneven surfaces and obstacles such as protruding roots, rocks, etc. The trail is appropriate for people with a moderate level of fitness and some walking experience
- The route is circular, covering a total distance of 105km.
- The estimated completion time for this trail is 5 days
- The total ascent over the entire route is 580 metres
- Dogs are not permitted on the Suck Valley Way where the trail passes through private farmland
In the event of an emergency or accident, call 999 or 112 for assistance.